Are you saturated with drinking water options? Try Activated Charcoal Sticks.
Sparkling or still water? Water that is flown in by Himalayan Sherpas who have collected it from a spring on the southern flanks of the mountain? Water with a touch of lemon or a sprintz of lime or both? Who knew the marketing of drinking water would become so competitive? Enter, activated charcoal sticks.
If you are looking to go back to basics with your drinking water, in your own home, from your own tap, then maybe adding an activated charcoal stick to your water jug is the way to go.
What does the activated charcoal stick do in water?
Activated charcoal sticks are an effective way of removing impurities like chlorine, heavy metals and chlorinated by-products as well as various types of sediments from tap water.
Activated charcoal (also known as active carbon) has a very large surface area due to being a porous material. Adsorption (no that is not a typo) is a process whereby molecules stick to the surface area of the carbon particles. Put simply, the activated charcoal stick filters impurities from the water.
What’s in it for me?
- You’ll be drinking cleaner water reducing the amount of impurities in your body
- Activated charcoal sticks tick the eco-conscious box – they are 100% biodegradable
- Your global footprint is reduced – you are not relying on others to source, package, market and transport your drinking water to you
What else do I need to know about activated charcoal sticks?
- Binchotan charcoal, Bamboo charcoal and Coconut shell charcoal are some of the different type of activated charcoal sticks available
- Your activated charcoal stick can last up to 6 months but you will need to “refresh” it
- Simply boil the activated charcoal stick regularly. This process refreshes the charcoal stick and removes any build up on the stick. Make sure you leave the stick out in the sun to dry after you boil it. There is mixed opinion on how often you should do this – some say 3 weeks and others say 3 months
- Try not to drop the charcoal stick as it may break. Follow any specific instructions provided with any activated charcoal sticks you buy
- This activated charcoal stick is versatile – if you are not loving activated charcoal sticks in your drinking water, pop it in your fridge instead. It acts as a great natural deodoriser
As we always say at C&B, NEVER USE REGULAR CHARCOAL THAT YOU HAVE AT HOME OR USE FOR YOUR BBQ.
We’ve listed a couple of the activated charcoal stick products available on the market today.
Kishu Binchotan Charcoal. Buy from Amazon by clicking on the image below
Black + Blum Charcoal Refill Water Filter. Buy from Amazon by clicking on the image below