All jokes aside, Black Friday is one of the biggest retail shopping days of the entire year. Many retailers will be shouting their sales, discounts, bonus deals, free delivery and more from the rooftops of their brick and mortar or online stores (figuratively speaking of course!).
Before giving you some great tips on making the most of sales, can we first say this. If you are going to take advantage of one of the many sales, offers and discounts available on the day, buy consciously. Really think about what you would like to purchase and make sure that product is going to add value to your life in some way. It is too easy to sit on your couch and go on a virtual shopping spree. Don’t let this be you. Really think about what you need. Make a list of those products (if lists are your thing) and then track only those products to see if they go on sale.
As one of the largest online retailers, Amazon turns Black Friday into a sale festival of sorts. They offer deals from Friday November 17 right through until Monday 27 November. Not all products will be on sale at the same time. And sale prices offered might only be for a limited time (eg available for 24 hours only not for the whole 10 days).
Here are our 9 top tips for making the most of buying from Amazon on Black Friday (or should we say making the most out of the Amazon.com 10 day “Black Friday” sale):
- Consider becoming an Amazon Prime member. According to Cnet “You don’t need a Prime account to get free shipping through Amazon — you just have to meet a certain price threshold, which varies depending on what you buy. Even with free shipping, however, you’re looking at a delivery window of five to eight business days, and with the holidays approaching fast, free two-day shipping makes a big difference. Certain locations even have access to free 90-minute, two-hour or same-day delivery.
- Even if you don’t think you’ll need free two-day shipping, many of the best deals are reserved for Prime members. You also get access to Black Friday deals 30 minutes before the general public
- Whilst there will be thousands of deals available on Black Friday, some offers can be found RIGHT now. It’s worth taking a quick look at some of the products you want to buy now as they may be on sale already
- Owners of an Alexa Speaker will get access to Black Friday deals early. It’s important to note that it doesn’t work with Alexa within the Amazon shopping app though. You’ll need an Amazon-brand speaker with Alexa to take advantage of the early deals access. If you happen to have an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap or Amazon Fire TV device you can ask “Alexa, what are your deals?”
- Amazon has an app which you can download and it allows you to “Watch a Deal”. It can alert you before the product you want to buy goes on sale. You can view many deals 24 hours in advance as well
- There is a browser plug in called Amazon Assistant. You can use it with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Microsoft Edge. It’s free and you can watch for product comparisons which will save you time and money
- If you are after a free Amazon price tracker consider CamelCamelCamel. It monitors a current deal price against what Amazon has charged in the past. This is super helpful when you are trying to work out if a deal is really a “deal”
- Did you know that even Amazon.com has coupons? Yep. Go to Amazon.com, click on the link at the top for “Today’s Deals”. You can click on “Coupons” which you will see in the menu of sub items
- Are you “app-less”? You don’t need fancy apps or websites to snag a good deal on Black Friday on Amazon. You can definitely go old style. Make a list now of the products you are considering to buy. Visit Amazon regularly across the day/10 day period on your device of choice to see if the price has reduced
Amazon also have a Buyer’s Guide with Black Friday tips available. It walks you through the ins and outs of shopping on Black Friday. Here’s a link if you want to have a quick look:
Activated Charcoal Skin and Body Care Product Discounts on Black Friday
Head to our Products directory to see a range of activated charcoal skin and body care products that you may be interested in buying during the Black Friday sale on Amazon. We have included clickable links that will take you to Amazon so you can see the current price of those products.
Where companies don’t have Amazon listings you will find we have provided links to companies directly. It is very possible that those companies will also be offering discounts on Black Friday as well. And of course supporting small businesses feels good.
Make no mistake, there will be some great deals available on Amazon and beyond on Black Friday. But really think about what you plan to purchase. Don’t fall into the trap of buying products you simply don’t need just because it seems like a price that is too good to resist.
We wish you wellness as you navigate the frenzy of Black Friday.